Dr Hyland and Dr Denvir Practice Privacy Notice
- This practice handles medical records according to the laws on data protection and confidentiality and comply with GDPR regulations.
- We share medical records with health professionals who are involved in providing you with care and treatment. This is on a need to know basis and event by event.
- Some of your data is automatically copied to the Electronic Care Summary Record .
- We may share some of your data with local out of hours / urgent or emergency care service
- Data about you is used to manage national screening campaigns such as Flu, Cervical cytology and Diabetes prevention.
- Data about you, usually de-identified, is used to manage the NHS and make payments.
- We share information when the law requires us to do, for instance when we are inspected or reporting certain illnesses or safeguarding vulnerable people.
- Your data is used to check the quality of care provided by the NHS.
- We may also share medical records for medical research
Under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we need to inform you how we handle the sharing of data, this is set out in the following documents:
Under GDPR you also have a right to access your medical records and possibly correct factual inaccuracies, if you require access o your medical records you need to complete a Subject Access Request and your request will be processed within 28 days.